Cult Members

Sep 17, 2014

My Philippines Eating Habits

I eat everything. Its like a mantra that has fuel me to try anything once. As long as it looks good and smells heavenly, count me in. Here I am in the Philippines. I do have a guideline in my head of what to eat and what not to eat which is applicable anywhere around the world.

YES, EAT IT! 
  • cost less than what you would get in your country 
  • just cooked (especially for fried food)
  • everyone is eating it*
  • the person who is selling is super cute
  • recommended by Lonely Planet 
  • halal/kosher**
or 

NO, STAY AWAY!

  • cost more than your budget can afford 
  • even the locals do not eat it
  • purple in colour 
  • anything fast food 
  • dirty 
  • smells bad (except for durian)

*general rule- need not apply if you think it is unnecessary
**for the Muslims and Jews of the world 


Yesterday I tried the  

ChicharrĂ³n. 


Best eaten with vinegar
It usually refers to fried pork rinds but I had the chicken skin version. I have always love eating chicken skin but to munch on it all day long is heaven for me. We had it after lunch at a warong-style place. The aunty who cooked it recommended vinegar as a dip. I am so glad we stumble on the little shop along Olive Street in Marikina City 

Owner of the restaurant in her kitchen





Deep fried 

No comments: